Many people dream of working even at a small space in a tall building while wearing a nicely done uniform. Yes, this is a typical office work wherein employees are expected to get things done efficiently in a small period of time. These interrelated tasks that make everyone busy in a certain work environment constitute a business process.
In general, a business process (also called as business method) is a set of activities that that needs to be carried out to produce a service or a product to meet the demands of a client or customer. There are a lot of sub-processes involved in a business process to achieve company goals and objectives. But then again, managing a business process tends to focus on two areas.
First is people, wherein appropriate staffing must be determined to perform activities that lead to understanding of customer’s needs and at the same time, make process improvements. Second is technology, which is the use of software applications, equipment and machinery to accomplish business goals.
There are also three main types of business processes and these are:
A. Management processes, which are the processes governing the operation of a certain system such as Strategic Management;
B. Operational processes, which are the processes that create the primary value stream and make up the core business such as Sales and Marketing;
C. Supporting processes, which are the processes that hold up and sustain the core processes such as Accounting and IT Support. These types of business processes make up the several levels or departments within an organization, perfectly structured to obtain business success.
- The Many Uses of Business Process Management Software
- BPM & SOA: Merging Two Technologies to Improve Company Performance
- The Role of Information Technology in Business Process Reengineering
- Strategic Planning through Business Process Outsourcing
- The Five Categories of Business Process Management
- The Concept behind Business Process Management Tools
- The Three Strategies Involved in Developing a Business Process Management Solution
- The Three Functional Types of Business Process Management Software
- The Six Steps of Business Process Improvement
- The Six Steps to Business Process Reengineering
- The Focus Areas of Business Process Consulting
- Business Process Management & Business Process Automation: A Big Difference?
- Two of the Many Meanings of BPM
- The Three Categories of BAs in Business Process Analysis
- Business Performance Management: The Driving Force of Business
- Making Work Easier Through Business Process Management Software
- The Knowledge Areas of Business Analysis
- Business Process Modeling: Creating Conducive Environments for Company Efficiency
- Business Process Management Conference: Elevating BPM Practices to a Higher Level
- Dissecting the Term BPM Workflow