A BPM tool is a particular application normally included in software packages or BPM solutions. BPM tools can be process specific or a development utility. Process managers should understand the functions of different BPM tools in order to maximize the power provided by business process management applications.
BPM tools can be a development utility such as process map generator, documents creator, or data base organizer. These tools are important in creating the process plans. Process plans usually need proper documentations for mapping purposes, communication, and workflow updating. BPM tools that can create process documents will be very useful in the overall design of the process plan. A good BPM suite must also include database creation software. Database is important in the information gathering stage and can be a source of useful data for redundant and repetitive tasks.
BPM process specific tools are those that can be used to generate the business process. Business process designs can be created using tools such as workflow creator, process mapping, and process simulators. These are critical tools that are essential in the whole business process planning. In a way, BPM tools that are process specific can be considered as key functions in designing the whole business process model.
A good business process application should be equipped with a rich set of BPM tools that are necessary to create a sound and effective BPM plan. Managers must select a software suite that has these capabilities in order to ensure that their process plans will be effective.
- BPM Systems: Critical Toolkit for Successful BPM Projects
- The Important Functions of BPM System Tools
- Enriching the Management Practices Through BPM Summit
- The Importance of BPM Suite
- The Business Process Management Strategy That Matters
- The Importance of Strategies in Business Performance Management
- BPM Solutions: Creating Productive & Viable Companies
- Mapping Business Process Using BPM Solutions
- How to Choose the Right BPM Resource
- The Three Functional Areas of BPM Software
- How to Implement a BPM Project
- How BPM Products Help Develop Corporate Performance
- BPM Partners: Lending Valuable Support for Management Professionals
- The Development of the BPM Market
- The Importance of BPM List
- BPM Institute: A Repository of Management Knowledge
- BPM Forum: A Venue of Great Value
- BPM Database: Creating Accurate Work Flow System
- How to Find the Best BPM Consulting Service
- Efficient Workflow System Means Greater Productivity and Higher Collaboration